Who would’ve thought that 11 12 years on there’d be such a thing as an 11th 12 year celebration for my little label? But here we are, or rather, here I am, with Secession still online, a few titles still in stores, the occasional sale and a new album on the cooker.
Other milestones include:
- working on a track for Johannesburg producer, Ate Nel’s up-coming album;
- performing in Jakarta;
- jamming in the Sudwala Caves, Kruger National Park (South Africa) and on my birthday, the island of Inhaca (Mozambique) with guitarist and cinematographer, Roy MacGregor;
- showcasing new acoustic guitar compositions with flautist and composer, Kate Adams, at Dunmoochin in Victoria;
- the ongoing short format documentaries, Sarawak Gone, I’m producing, and;
- the thoroughly engaging work I’m doing with EngageMedia.
So folks, support an independent artist, his mates and collaborators and pick up some early Christmas presents from the Secession catalogue. We’d love to hear from you too.